Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

TALKBACK GOING DOWN

13»

Comments

• Works brilliantly with redcurrants! 
  • Tiny Nell can't get in on her phone. 

It is very quiet in here. 
  • I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't been popping in so frequently because it is so quiet. 
  • I pop in hopefully every so often. But I think everyone's finding it a bit of a trial.
  • I'm actually not that bothered by it. Very often I only visited the Word Association thread and that's still working fine. 
  • I think quite a few use their phone to access the forum and at the moment they can't get in at all, so it's not been as busy.

Webbo, any idea what the phone issue is?
  • I'm a returner - hope you can answer my question Webbo/anyone.

I started to look at the Word Association thread. It says '9.8k new posts since your last visit' ... but it doesn't seem to take me to the last post. It will take me over a million years to get to the end of that lot  :o

• There should be a list of page numbers to the right of 'leave a comment' at the bottom of the page you're on. You can just go to the last number there.
  • No you can't Heather, because only 3 numbers show and if you are on page 3, and the whole thread is on page one thousand, you cannot click on the last number to get to the most recent page as it doesn't show. You are stuck on number three as it rather ridiculously thinks you must read all the pages up to present that you have missed. I'm shut out of a couple of threads, too. 
  • Thanks Liz, I thought it was just me who couldn't get any further.
  • Hi, Suzie! Hopefully this will get sorted... although sadly we can't flag webbo any more to draw his attention. 
  • Oh. On mine on that thread it goes from one, then dots, then a few numbers up to 259. Not sure what it will say if you are not up to date, but I would have thought it would go further than three! If you click on the furthest right number, doesn't it then give you another ten or so numbers so you can keep clicking on the right hand one? (still a pain, but quicker than one page at a time)
  • I got to page 66 in jumps of 3's (I think) and then I remembered I had a day job to be getting on with. I really hope it does get fixed, when I was here a while back you could get to the last post instantly. Maybe I need more patience!
  • Riley.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Webbo's probably on half-term duty this week so I doubt he'll be tinkering.
  • You could try posting a comment on that thread - doesn't matter if it makes no sense - we can ignore it. That might take you to the end as it's your comment.
  • Well that worked! As you can see from this - my comment showed up in March 2016 - but when I went back in it took me straight to the end. Whoop out to Heather!
  • Oh.. that's weird, those last two comments are TINY!
  • It's a photo.
  • ;) Hurrah! I have my uses
  • Thank goodness. Thought I was going mad. Shouldn't look on the small screen. 
  • That confused me to! 
  • Apologies, yes I'd taken a screenshot to show where I landed (March 2016) and wondered where it would then put me 
  • 'Tis like space travel around here. 
  • Cue Tardis
  • My new comments on each thread no longer load, I have to go out of a thread and back in to see new comments.
  • I can't seem to log in under my boredrobots username anymore and it refuses to send me a password change link :(
  • No! We need that sorting! 
  • Oh crumbs, it seems as if more problems are occurring instead of less. :(
  • Has Webbo got any hair left after all that tearing?
  • new threads are not showing as new threads for me.
  • Or me. The top threads, the permanent ones, look like all the others. Which is rather confusing. 
  • Liz said:
    Or me. The top threads, the permanent ones, look like all the others. Which is rather confusing. 

Do you mean the sticky threads? Don't they say 'announcement' any more on your screen? They do on mine. How puzzling.
  • They do. But because the whole forum front page (not the threads, they are way big enough to see) is so tiny (I've tried several ways to increase the size, it just stays stubbornly minuscule) I can't really see them properly. 
  • Ok, that was weird, went into the Word thread and posted, thinking i was on the last page, but I wasn't, and posted a word. It loaded  ON THE PAGE BEFORE and not on the last page. Then noticed I wasn't on the last page, went to the last page and it was there, too, and so deleted and posted another word. But that isn't very helpful on that particular thread. 
  • I see many, many posts...

Will this ever again be accessible by phone? 

Yours,
    Worried of S. Bucks