Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Current situation re spam

Hello everybody!
Just to apologise that I currently have no access to delete the spam, which fortunately has rather tailed off anyway. The positive is that I have no access because a change is coming. I'll let you know more when I do. 

While I'm here though, could I trouble you to click on my links?
Have you ever wondered about the positive benefits of attending a writers' conference?
This problem can cause real suffering for people. Find out how to fix it.
Wonder sheds are wonderful.

Comments

• THANK YOU! That sounds hopeful. BUT... are you really Webbo. Hmmmm. Those links...
  • Good links Webbo, will go back and read properly later this afternoon.

Good news is always welcome... :)
  • edited December 2019
    Brilliant news, Webbo.
  • Turns out I find it quite difficult to get the tone right for clickbait links.
  • That't not necessarily a negative, Webbo. 
  • You forgot the non-sequiturs...
  • I'm mildly disappointed. I hoped you were going to explain why I'd want to shrink a hat which already fits.
  • Ha ha - well, I clicked on the links anyway. :)

Excited at the prospect that a change is coming... 
  • Hmm, at first I thought Webbo's account had been hijacked!
  • Hope it’s compatible with an ipad! 
  • So baffled. I mean,  is somebody working on behalf of a hat shrinking company? Is that a thing? Phot's and I have questions. I kind of want some of these "people" to come back and interact
  • Perhaps they know there is a small person on the forum. Little do they know, I have big hair so would never need a small hat. Fools.
  • Fools indeed. It's almost as though they just post about random stuff without taking our needs and wishes into consideration at all.
  • Fools indeed. It's almost as though they just post about random stuff without taking our needs and wishes into consideration at all.
    Indeed. I need to know how to make my hat bigger, not smaller 😀
  • Should we let them know our needs? Mine are very complex. Certainly not limited to needing my hats shrunk (yes, I do actually need this as my daughter's baby bonnet, she had a very large head, did not fit her but did fit me). Luckily I inherited my mother's specially made hats for extremely tiny noodles so won't be taking up their offer. 
  • And then there's the boots. My left needs shrinking, but the right is already overly snug.
  • I'm so glad I don't have one magnificent, overly large head to go with my abnormally small one. 
  • It would make putting your jumpers on quite tricky.
  • I'd have to wear cardigans. Tragic!
  • I just wonder what they'll be recommending to shrink tomorrow...
  • Hope I'm not responsible for the recent influx of Spanish spam! :)
  • At least it's not as bad as last weekend.
  • It is this morning.
  • Wilts said:
    It is this morning.
    No, last weekend the spam had covered the first six pages; this weekend it seems confined to the first page only.
  • This is more than an invasion.  It's a takeover.  What on earth do they think they can gain from such rubbish?  It's hardly an appropriate forum and creates only hostility.  I suppose we could always edge them off the screen by making lots of pointless new posts.  I suggest tips on how to plait sawdust, strike a match on jelly, and make a chocolate teapot.
  • Foxglove said:
    This is more than an invasion.  It's a takeover.  What on earth do they think they can gain from such rubbish?  It's hardly an appropriate forum and creates only hostility.  I suppose we could always edge them off the screen by making lots of pointless new posts.  I suggest tips on how to plait sawdust, strike a match on jelly, and make a chocolate teapot.
    It strikes me as being more like a weird kind of cyber warfare than run of the mill spamming.
  • How strange is Webbo? Does anyone know?
    I never accept link invitations from strange men.
  • I like strange men. 
  • So far so good.

• He speaks Russian. Just saying. He confessed over on FB. 
  • 'Tis already broken. 
  • Russian?!!!
  • Someone has got through...
  • It was so lovely for a while...
  • Well that was successful wasn't it. Hopefully at least the update will have given us slightly more robust mechanisms going forward. 
    While I'm here, does anyone know how to improve my Grand Theft Auto hit rate? 
  • 'Going forward'? Do you mean 'in the future'?
  • Haven't seen any spam tonight- fingers crossed.
  • Oops. Seems to be some there now
  • Carol shouldn't have said anything!
  • edited December 2019
    At least they waited until office hours...
  • Now we have a spate of foreigners, if one is allowed to say that in this over sensitive age!

• Looking hopeful - fingers crossed.