Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A shaggy Dog Story

edited November 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Most people call their dogs Rover or Fido, well I once had a dog who I named Sex. He was so embarrassing. In those days you had to have a Dog Licence so I went to the post office to buy one. I told the man I would like to have a licence for Sex. He said 'I'd like to have one too.'
    Then I said 'but this is a dog.' He said 'I don't care what she looks like.' Then I said 'you don't understand, I've had Sex since I was nine. He said I must have been some kid.
    When I got married and went on honeymoon I took the dog with us. I told the hotel receptionist I wanted a room for wife and me and a special room for Sex. She said every room in the place was for sex. I said you don't understand, Sex keeps me awake at night.  She said 'me too'

One day I entered Sex in a contest but before the competition began the bloody dog ran away. Someone asked me why I was standing there looking around. I told him I had planned to have Sex entered in the competition. He told me I should have sold tickets. But you don't understand I said, I had hoped to have Sex on the television. he called me a show-off.

When my wife and I seperated we went to court to fight for custody of the dog. I told the Judge I had Sex before I got married. The Judge said 'me too.'   Then I told him after getting married Sex had left me, he said 'me too.'   Last week Sex ran off again. I spent hours looking aroung town for him. A copper came over and asked 'what are you doing in this alley at four am? I said 'looking for Sex.   My case comes up on friday. 
  • Very funny, Marc!
  • Thankyou Marc, that's a good one!
  • great one!
  • Definite groaner!
  • Quote: (Carol) "Definite groaner!"

??

It's a great joke, for heaven's sake. Am passing it around. Thanks Marc.
  • Yes Neil it's fun, but it is a definite groan response.
  • Sorry, still don't get it, Carol. In Liverpool we groan if the team loses. But we also have a great sense of humour, and like the others who responded I thought Marc's story was hugely funny.
  • So it was you in that alley that night, Marc. I only popped in for a pee and got collared for loitering.
    I hope you're going to own up and get me off the hook.
  • Hi Neil.  Not too much groaning in Liverpool at the moment.  Eight goals, fantastic!!!!!!
  • Hello anybody. If your dog ran away in 2007, then this one is for you.
  • A guy in a carpark in Perth was calling his dog, and I reckon he hated women. He kept shouting:'Bitch! Bitch!' Now in rural New Zealand this would be perfectly acceptable (see 'Footrot Flats') but in urban Scotland, it didn't go down so well!