Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Is it just us?

edited October 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Are Carol and I the only two people not to have received our mags this month or are there more of you out there?
  • Celtic C, I'm glad it isn't just me, everyone else, including those outside the UK have received theirs.
    If it hasn't turned up tomorrow then I think it's lost, and is unlikely to turn up. So I'll ask for a replacement copy to be sent- as new post is coming through on time (my copy of Which magazine arrived on time).
  • Don't give up hope just yet; mine only just arrived yesterday!
  • Even though I'm on the other side of the world, I usually get mine within a week of you but not this month it seems.
  • Got mine.  Haven't read it yet. 
  • I'm waiting for my daughter to forward mine on here.
  • Another set of post has arrived and no magazine.
  • I've rung up and a replacement copy is being dispatched- allow 7 days.
    As other Talkbackers in this region, and one Talkbacker who lives across the city from me, and received hers late last week, mine must have gone astray not to have turned up by now.
    Will really enjoy catching up when it arrives.
  • Carol - Either that bag is still waiting to be sorted or your magazines have been purloined. Watch out for a new member joining Talkback with insider knowledge of the Royal Mail!
  • I suspect it's been purloined or some such event.
    During the first strike, we never received banking documents that had been sent for my husband to complete- fortunately with no sensitive info on them- but we had to ring up and get replacements.
  • I owe an apology to the Post Office - my magazine was never dispatched in the first place! Apparently my subscription renewal reverted back to a deceased credit card despite WM having all the current details still in the system! Mind you, I never received the letter they sent to notify me of the problem so maybe my apology to the PO is a bit premature. Wonder if mine will arrive before yours Carol?
  • Well WN/WM have arranged for another copy to be sent, and said allow 7 days, so we may both have a wait.
    I'll probably get it and just finish it in time for the next issue!
  • Whooppee doo - it's here at last! (Hope you've got yours as well Carol)
  • No, I'm still waiting.
  • Hey Carol - since you got the Which magazine, does it tell you which washing machine to buy?  Mine just went on the blink... (well it's something for you to look up while waiting for your Writing mag!)
  • This month it was tumble dryers.
    But you always hear good things about white goods by Zanussi and Miele.
  • Thanks Carol!
  • I'm still waiting, too. I don't know what has happened, Nenastew!
  • Well I'm still waiting IG.