Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Postal strikes and competition deadlines

edited October 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Given the postal strikes, does anyone know if the October deadline for WM/WN competitions is being relaxed? I was going to enter but there doesn't seem much point if the entries are going to end up in a stuffed sorting office and don't reach their destination in time.
  • I'm hoping someone from WM will advise on that.
  • Do they read these posts then?
  • They did for August's because I spoke to them about that and other things to do with the entry.
  • Heather e-mail the editors and ask them what is happening. As there are rolling strikes and it is likely to effect more than one month's competitions.
  • I notice that the deadline for the Folkestone literary festival entries has been moved to October 20th.
  • Actually, I've just checked again, and it was always October 20th - although they claim on the website that it's been extended! I'm confused ...
  • Well every e-mail I've sent so far had bounced back with an 'out-of-office' message that directs you to someone else who is also out of the office! Can't be bothered sending any more and one of them is supposed to be back tomorrow so I'll wait till then.
  • Hi everyone,
    yes our competition deadlines have been relaxed, and the next one, formerly 17 October, is now 22 October.
    Good luck!
    Webbo
  • Thanks Webbo
  • Yes..thank-you. I put something in the post today. Being an optimistic sort I just sort of hoped for the best.
  • If there is a continuing big problem it should be obvious by the drop in the number of entries arriving.
  • Crikes!!  And I thought Webbo was a fictitious character used to frighten us whenever we used the 'F' word.  ooooooh