Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in September's magazines?

edited August 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Who's in September's magazines?

Don't panic if you haven't received yours yet. They're not due out until tomorrow, which may be a postal strike day.

Please don't mention other people's work - let them discover the good news for themselves.

Does anyone in Australia or New Zealand want to know now? I'm not sure when you'll receive your copies.
  • I think the September issue will be here in October or December. I'm waiting on July to arrive! I'll check the newsagent's tomorrow.
  • In which case I will buy my copy in Stirling next week!.
  • Thanks Jay but with a subscription I usually get mine a few days after yours. How about yours in the West, Nenastew - is it arriving earlier for you now that you have a sub?
  • Postal strike is starting to annoy me, all the good stuff is being delayed, but the bills are getting through.
  • My September issue came yesterday. Was I the only one?
  • For the record I usually receive my copy of the mag within a few days of it being mentioned by UK readers
  • Mine have just turned up.
  • just arrived. Looks good, on a brief flip through, too much work to do anything else at the moment!  Roll on tonight!!!!!
  • Mine hasn't arrived yet but I will be in it - if only as a classified ad!
  • My copy just arrived.
    I should wait until later to read it.
    I'm trying not to give in but my writing is going really badly at the moment.
    I know what I want to write but it just isnt happening...
  • Soobdoo - say to yourself: 'It doesn't matter'! Write what you can - it may be better than you think. Or give yourself a break - in more ways than one.
  • Mine arrived this morning but not yet torn off the wrapper - been busy.
  • I've only just started mine, having just dropped Space Travel poem off at the post office as it didn't finally gel until yesterday morning - so I'm entrusting it to Special Delivery and crossed fingers. Congrats to everyone who's in this month, I think I'm going to be in October's - I think that's when the Christmas poem results are due to be printed - I came third (seriously chuffed).
  • Do they tell you that much in advance then if you are a winner? And how do they tell you , by email?
  • I have a little mention on p2 of WN, under the Frome Festival bit.  I am second from right in the photo.  They've used my maiden name as that's what I've had other stuff published under and I wanted to be consistent.
  • Thanks for that Jay. 
    I did give in to the magazines and spent a relaxing hour on my swingseat in the garden.
    The sunshine was lovely and I ended up writing some stuff long hand.
    Strange how sometimes writing long hand works when typing doesnt.
  • That sounds delightful, Soobdoo.
  • Yes it was lovely Isabella I recommend it.
    The trouble was the time vanished so quickly.
    I had to come back in to get some work done.
  • Katyanne - I got an email from Richard Bell about three weeks ago - I think they have allow a couple of months lead time on the production front.
  • congratulations, Howard! Good letter!
  • Mine arrived here in Germany this morning - roll on bedtime! Wonder if I`m the only person who goes to bed with a biro....
  • Thanks Tracy and Dorothy. I had no idea the letter was going to be published, let alone have star status. My big push on getting published has at least made a start. (Tracy, I wrote the letter when I was working hard on the book. I've moved onto some stories while I wait for critiques on YWO for the new Slave. I've also uploaded a black comedy onto YWO called Dead Sunflowers. Only one review so far.)

Good to see Lily and Lixxy in there!
  • I'm saying nothing!
  • Well done, Howard! (My earlier post was in answer to Jany's.)
  • Well done, Howard.  Your letter deserved to be the 'star' of the month.

Congratulatory hug,
    Hush Puppy
  • Congrats, Howard.  Good letter and deserved star status.
  • I suspect mine will have arrived now, but it is like the proverbial carrot to the donkey...just out of reach.  I get mine delivered to my parents, safer you know, but it means that I am going to have to wait till sunday when I can collect it.  Boohoo.

So sorry Howard won't be able to read your letter till then.  But I hear it's good.

I will have a story in October or November's Writer's News, so keep an eye out...
  • Well done Howard - it's a great letter.
    Nice picture Lily - I've looked at you through my magnifying glass.
    Which is Lixxy's ad?  What is she up to?
  • In case you're wondering - no I'm not nosy, just interested.
  • This is the time of the month when I feel excluded from the group. I don't subscribe anymore but remember well the seemingly endless periods of waiting for the next issue to arrive - and when it did I would set it aside until I had time to sit and enjoy and devour every word.
  • Hi everyone
    Just to let you know there's a brief feature from me in this month's magazine.
    James
  • Congratulations to everyone featured. Saw your great letter Howard.
  • For the first time in history I'm actually reading September's WM in August (no doubt October's will drop through the letterbox tomorrow, just to confuse me). And blow me down if I didn't spot a letter from me in the Letters page! I submitted it months ago, had a "we're considering this for publication" email, and then heard nothing. The original discussion moved on long ago, so I just assumed they'd forgotten me!
  • Well done!
  • Well done.
  • Well done!
    I saw that and wondered why you hadn't mentioned it.
  • It's because I'm usually a month behind in my reading - they churn out these magazines faster than I can read them :) This is the first time since before we moved to York that I'm up to date!