Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Russia

edited June 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• You know I'm oh so glad I don't live in Russia
  • But for how long, if you see what I mean?
  • There are advantages if you're an unbelievably wealthy Russian like Roman Abramovich - eg you could come to the UK and pay far lower taxes than any British subject (thanks to our idiotic laws).
  • Quite a simple explanation really
    'I can't speak Russian'
    LOL :-))))))) Gets em everytime that one

As you can see stuck for what to write again and getting quite fed up with being stuck. I know what i want to write but everytijme I pick my pen up it disappears. any suggestions - apart from voice recorder - tried that as well, just as bad with that
  • Niet ponimia (not sure of spelling). My father was on the convoy ships going to Archangel during the War. Das verdanya (sp?).
  • I sincerely question how Abramovich came about such vast wealth in such a place as Russia? Leaves an awful lot to speculation I think.
    Now that's me targeted by the JCB
  • IT, why don't you just dot down random words that come to you, and associated ideas. No pressure that way, and you never know what you might come up with.
  • hi Carol
    Tried it. but thanks anyway
  • IT, if that doesn't work, then you must take a break, stop trying. Do other fun relaxing things for a few days.
  • your probably right Carol. trying to hard, literally forcing myself really, not good at all.
  • Had a browse in Waterstone's this morning and picked up a book on creative writing.  Apparently one writer - can't remember which one - uses a special 'pointing' pencil and picks out three random words from a newspaper and then writes a story around them.  It worked for her.  And no, I didn't buy the book!  Might try this myself.  I agree with Carol, though, chill out for a while and I'm sure the ideas will come.