Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

n00b says Hi!

Comments

• Hello!  I thought I'd just stick my head above the parapet and see what gives in the world of Talkback.  I'm a recent subscriber to WN and WM and a total novice but have signed up for WN's Fiction Writers Course.  Anyone here done that? How long does it take to complete?  ...many other questions! All responses welcome :-)
  • hi, types, welcome to the madhouse! i haven't done the course myself, but i hope you enjoy it, and enjoy yourself as a newbie talkbacker!!
  • Hi and welcome. No I've not done the course either but a few on here have so maybe you'll receive some input later. All questions are usually welcome and great advice offered.
  • Hello Types. I know it's been mentioned before, but don't have any personal experience of it.
  • Welcome to Talkback. As with any course, the secret of success lies in your commitment to do the work. It's all too easy to get carried away with Talkback and not write!
  • I'm pleased to meet you Types.  I'm doing the WN poetry course but I think some have done the fiction one - no doubt they'll shout out soon enough. 
  • Hello TypesWithHammers - love the username, is that Native American? lol.

Yes, welcome and all that. No I haven't done the course but I've heard good things about the courses they do.
  • Welcome from me. Errrm, are you male or female?
  • Howard - your question is answered in Types' profile.

Hallo Types! Start working on your willpower. You'll need it to switch off Talkback and get on with some work!
  • Welcome to talkback
  • nice to meet you. many welcomes!
  • Well, thank you all for your welcome messages.
    I changed my bio in response to Howard's question - I'm sure he read the earlier one.

If anyone has undertaken the course I'd be pleased to chat about it.

...and I'm working on a plan to dedicate some of what little time I have to writing - this whole writing discipline thing is fairly new to me.
  • Hi TWH I hope you have fun here and learn and share your thoughts with us too. Welcome.
  • Hi Types, welcome to Talkback!
  • G'day TWH, love the witty username. Hope you enjoy Talkback as much as I do.
  • Hi, Types with Hammers. Welcome to Talkback.
  • Hi TWH!  Are you like my bloke - who has fingers like pork sausages?!  I was trying to figure the user-name.  Anyway, I go off at tangents, hence the reason for mine.  Good luck with the course, writing for children - and enjoy the site.