Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in June's magazines?

edited May 2007 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Who's in June's magazines due out today? My copies haven't arrived yet.
  • As our temporary postman delivered our next door neighbours post to us today, I don't know if it has arrived and is sitting on someone else's mat or not arrived yet.
  • I always seem to receive my copy last; well, in the UK anyway.  Gets right up my nose, that does.
  • Nope, haven't got mine yet, either.
  • Is it due yet? I'm a bit excited about this one...
  • Anyaka, are you in it. What for? I haven't got my copy, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow. 
  • Not received mine yet, which hopefully means i'll get it tomorrow.

Rich
  • Jay, I was getting worried as you hadn't posted this usual thread til now and I was thinking I had got dates muddled.
  • I'm in it. All shall be revealed in good time.
  • Our club should be in the Writers Round-UP section, and if I haven't been cut out of the photo, then you may see my head.
  • no copies here yet.
  • Kateyanne - I overdid things on Tuesday morning, and have spent most of the time since then on the sofa. I'm on the mend now, touch wood.
  • I know I haven't shut up about this for the last month, but my letter is in this issue.
  • This thread always come out before most of us have got our copies. I dread someone spotting that I am in there and telling the world before I find out for myself. Not that I am expecting a mention in June's issue as I haven't written a letter or won anything, but you never know! I do sometimes sneak into one of the competition shortlists.
  • Sorry, Viv. Next month, I'll try to remember to say 'Are you in the magazine?'
  • No June edition here yet.
  • Just had a look at the front cover. 

Write the perfect final draft.  Sounds ideal for me.
  • Yayyyyyyyyy! (I'll get mine Monday or Tuesday.)
  • Glad you are all right, Jay.
  • Mine's arrived this morning. There are a few Talkbackers in WM.
    And my piece about Nottingham Writers' Club is in WN (with a few editorial changes as expected), with the colour photo. I'll tell you later which one is me.
  • I spotted the Nottm Writers Club bit, that's not very far from me.
    I saw your letter too Stirling (well said) and was surprised to find my letter underneath yours. I didn't know mine was going in - or I wouldn't have shut up about it for the last month ;0)
  • Scribe we have the Derby Literature development Officer speaking to us on June 6th- if you're interested in that or the club e-mail me via Webbo's system.
    Congratulations to everyone in this month's magazine.
  • Well done, Carol just seen your piece.
    So which one are you then?
  • On the left hand side of the photo, back row, there is a tall man, the dark haired women with glasses next to him, is me.
  • I am in twice! Yipee. First one is an article about Legend Press on page 13 and I'm mentioned in there. Second one is page MN2 in the 'Members' News' section where they've got a photo of me and they've printed the article I wrote (well an edited version of it anyway). Anyone who hasn't got their copy yet can have a look on my Clippings page on my website http://www.josiehenley.net/clippings.html for both. In my article I'm complimentary about Talkback so you should all preen yourselves.

Well done everyone else. I'm going to settle down and have a proper read of it now, as I only scanned it before and then leaped around waving it in the air, lol.
  • Mine plopped on the doormat today.  Will take my mind off other concerns.
  • Mine hit the hall floor this morning - well done everyone who's made an appearance
  • Josie, I read both the piece about ledgend press and you and your own piece. Well done. I'm thinking about approching them myself, now I've seen your piece. Congratulations you must be flying high today. Keep up the good work. I am right in thinking your book was for children? As I am writing for children.
    Well done to everyone else too.
  • Carol, that was my guess.
  • At least I'm not a shock to anyone! And of course I'd done my hair, make-up and was wearing my favourite colour- so I looked okay.
  • If you want to see my shiny face, turn to p.22 of the Writer's News. Unfortunately they cropped the background, one of my paintings. I thought I could get a sneaky bit of extra publicity for my artwork...

Oh, and there's a story next to the picture. First time I entered a competition since 1984 or so.
  • You looked just fine, Carol :0)
    Unfortunately, your writers' club happens on the only night of the week when I can't cut loose. I run a folk club on Wednesday evenings so I'm stuck. Good piece though. Let's hope it brings your club new members
  • Good photo Anyanka. I wondered if it was one of the Talkbackers when I saw it. Will read the story later when it's quieter.
    Yes Scribe, I'm hoping it will get us some publicity and make others around the Nottingham/Derby area realise what they're missing out on. And hopefully get in touch.
    Wednesday's seems to be a popular day.
  • Anvanka, I enjoyed the story well done!
  • Anyone else, or is anyone still waiting for their issue?
  • Mine came today. Well done to all those who are in the pages of WM/WN.
  • God knows when April will get here, hopefully not to much longer!
  • Very good story Anyanka, subtle. Well done.
  • I read the story last night, and I wholeheartedly agree! I for one would definitely rather be doing something else. I love the way you contrast the two main characters but the phrase does connect them, and the reader as well. Well done Anyanka.
  • Anyone seen my lovely face (lol) in the members news section? I have a problem in keeping my eyes open in pictures, no idea why!
  • It could have been because you were looking down at the book at the time! Well done, and it's nice (sorry) you thought about everyone here and at WN in your comments.
  • you were being you, Josie, reading a book! Nice writeup, well done you!
  • Just read your story and I really liked it. I loved the metaphor of stripping away the layers to unearth your real self, like writing on a wall, obvious until it is revealed.

Well done.
  • Anyanka, just read your story. Well done, clever idea and well written. How's the padding for the agent going?
  • Thanks for asking, Ana - I've only just started writing the extra chapter! My exhibition took up all my time until last week, and now I'm starting to prepare for June's "Surrey Artists' Open Studios". I foolishly volunteered to be local co-ordinator this year...
  • Anyanka, just got to the story, it's great!  Really well balanced and I like the way Pete saw through her posing!  Congratulations!
  • anyanka a huge well done for the story.  it was really good. as dorothyd said well balanced indeed.  the picture is great.  funny seeing yourself in a magazine isnt it! i am in June issue of cross-stitcher magazine with a photo. spooky!
  • [blushing] Thank you, everyone.
  • I'm waiting to read this thread. My copy still hasn't arrived (frustration).
  • My copy arrived today. I'm looking forward to reading it later and seeing some familiar names and faces.

One thing that struck me was how there seemed to be more women featured in WN in June than men. Doing a quick count of the individual photos, excluding groups or reporters there are 22 women and 6 men. In May it was 16 women to 10 men. It's not an in depth study by any means but it says something. (Perhaps that I should find better things to do with my time!)