Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Daily Mail online - sequels

edited May 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/books/authors.html?in_article_id=453410&in_page_id=1826&in_page_id=1826&expand=true#c13138927

If you highlight, copy and paste the above link, you'll find an article in the Daily Mail online about sequels.
  • You'll probably find one comment there, Claudia!
  • went, looked, left a comment, yours was good, Jay!
  • But did you conquer Dorothy?.

Enjoyed reading both your comments.  I don't think I could add anything else (plus it is turning into a who's who of talkback).  Jay I never realised you where such a shameless self-publicist (not that there is any thing wrong with that).

I disagree about the Bible though Jay.  Surely if it was published today it wouldn't be split in two, surely it would be separated into individual books.  But could exodus ever be as good as Genesis?. lol

Years ago, I started writing a sequel for 'bound', but decided against it.  It would have been a case of rewriting the same story over and over again.  Instead I'm in the planning stage for my second novel 'Muse', that is a forbidden love story.  Completely different to a crime novel.  Though I won't rule out a sequel altogether.  It wouldn't be a crime novel, and more grown up (perhaps more literary).
  • I agree with you both Jay and Dorothy.
    What the article didn't actually explain was what the new book covered, is it more of the original updated?
  • Stirling - I was pretty surprised myself when they printed it in full. Just shows that you can get a bit of extra publicity if you try!
  • Shocking self-promotion Jay, excellent stuff. Just shows what you can get away with. Grinned like a good'un when I read that!

Rich