Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The latest trend in publishing

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• In tomorrow's online Times book section, 'First Words', a semi-serious look at the latest trend by publishers to add to word of mouth.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article1682363.ece
  • Thank you! I'm grabbing every piece of publishing info I can...just to help me along the way...pick up tips and secrets...haha, well, it'll all help in the long run to create my publishing empire!
  • You never stop learning MM.
  • "Encomia", eh? Hands up all those who know what that means.
  • Would I be right in saying that it's a piece of writing in praise of something?
  • Hi, Zoe. Not sure it has to be in writing, but it is indeed a (plural) word meaning 'praises' or 'eulogy' (I had to look it up). So now we can all toss it lightly into our conversation.

AND they've printed my comment which mentions 'All About Sex'!!!
  • Going up in the world.
  • Annie - you'll find it at the foot of the online article whose webpage is given by Carol at the beginning of this thread. (You can highlight, copy and paste the web address.)
  • But it's disappeared now. Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • If you put the title of the article into their search box, you should be able to access it, and hopefully the comment will still be there.
  • 'I found myself writing an encomia to elephants' hardly trips lightly off the tongue or fingers, does it now...  And, in any case, my readers would think me a pretentious tw*t!
  • Blow!  I suddenly quite like the sound of "encomia to the elephants".  Harrumph.