Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Screaming at the TV

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• They have just interviewed some **** on Sky News called Ray Kluun who's wife died of cancer in about 2001. He had an affair during the time she was dying and he has now written a novel that doubles up on all the bad things he did while she was dying, his lover even came to the wifes funeral. I am sorry but I cannot print here what I think of this man, and I use the word man in it's broadest way possible.This book has sold a million copies just to add insult to injury. UGH
  • some people are sick. i'm sure he'll get his when he comes back in his next life as algae.
  • we don't want him comming back as anything that worthwhile do we?
  • Presumably, having admitted his faults in a work of fiction, he feels he's cleared his so-called conscience and - what a bonus - is also making money out of his atrocious behaviour.

What a nasty piece of work.
  • It's bad enough that he had the affair while his wife was dying, but to now make money out of it defies words.
    He should have kept his mouth shut and lived with the guilt.
  • There was an article in the Times about him at the weekend. I didn't read it then but have just flicked through it online.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article1574922.ece

He comes across as a very unlikeable, cynical character.

And that's being kind.

Rich
  • I also agree that this man did an awful thing but I'm wondering are people more bothered that he was unfaithful or that he has a successful book?
  • My wife died of breast cancer two years ago, as I nursed her at home which was what she wanted I never had time for any form of daliance. I have had no interest in such things since (we were married for 40 years). It is such a terrible thing to watch the one you love die I could understand any bhavior , everyone must finid some way to deal with it, I went into  monastry for a while afterwards but that is just me 
  • ST - I would guess that what angers most people is that he's fictionalised something he should be ashamed of and should have kept quiet about, presumably for fame and gain.

That makes him an asterick x 8.
  • "That makes him an asterick x 8."

LOL.
  • ST - That's the British spelling!
  • Jenny I wasn't commenting on the spelling, I thought the comment was funny.
  • I had a boyfriend years ago and I adored him.  I found out that he'd been having his way with other girls and then he said 'In the name of honesty, yes I have seen X and Y and Z but I love you!'  It went on.  I didn't hear about it until he said the same words again.  He seemed to feel better for telling me.  I felt - well, you can imagine.

As I was about to pack him in, he asked me to marry him.  I said no.  Then I left him.  I'm so glad I did.

This man, you are right, is just going one sick step further.  And cashing in on it.  Who's buying THAT, may I ask? 
  • CH, Your comment moves me, not only for your sentiments, but for your level of understanding of this man's behaviour. It's the cynical and - presumeably - profit motivated book that's the biggest problem for me.
  • Apparently in his native Holland TT according to the Daily Mail's interview.
  • Well, goodness only knows what the Dutch might be on... more fool them.  Idiots.
  • ST - It's OK - I just wanted to give you a clue as to the word because the American version has 7 letters! I think ours sounds more meaningful!!