Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

You know it's Monday morning when...

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Had a late start today due to an accident on the bridge, three cars at the start of the rush hour- hope no one was seriously injured-caused chaos as cars had to be diverted onto a road that is currently suffering from extra diverted traffic from another road, and work being done on this road too.
    Then got to school to find a long flat bed lorry with concrete staircases on it, waiting to reverse out of a narrow road right by school, just as all the children- already running late because of the traffic- start arriving.
    It shouldn't have even come into the village, the entrance to the other school there( being rebuilt) is on the main road (the very busy one), and the current entrance only has room for cars in a single line, cycles and pedestrians.

So You know it's Monday morning when...
  • There's an order for wine that's 2280 boxes, and the labels on the boxes were done wrong!
  • ...you just HAVE to buy a packet of sugary Chelsea buns to go with your cuppa!
  • I wouldn't buy anything that was called Chelsea. C'mon Liverpool on Wednesday night.
    I know it's Monday when I need three alarm clocks instead of the usual one.
  • ... it was Sunday the day before.
    (Bor-ring, but I couldn't resist it.  Okay, carry on)
  • I tought that was any day scratch
  • You have to get up because someone is telling you it's seven o'clock and you must get up(one of my sons who is inevitably wide awake at six am.)