Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Elvis from Jerusalem

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Did anyone watch the programme on the above topic this week on TV and, if so, what did you think of it?  Gill obviously genuinely believed he had direct communication with Elvis in heaven, but the latter's predictions didn't come true, so how could he still believe?       
  • I watched that, though I missed the beginning. I guess when you put so much stock into a belief you find arguments to counter the exposed flaws. I don't think his wife's pure commitment to it and in my opinion even aiding in the scheme helps him continue the belief. The son was obviously doing it all and supported by his wife. I think the son did it through love and the wife because she was barmy. 
  • I've just received an e-mail from Bob Marley.
  • How sad to spend his whole life impersonating somesome else. To me, that seems a waste off a life.
  • It always seems unkind when programmes take the mickey out of deluded people.
  • It always seems unkind when programmes take the mickey out of deluded people.
  • Whoops - I didn't mean to post in stereo!

I should have added: except for that horribly prejudiced American family who were on TV recently. That was justified.