Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I'm BA-AACK. (Play scary music)

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Aw jeez, you lot...I think I'm going to cry.
    How can I stay away when you have all been so luvverly to me?

As many of you know through quite a lot of messages and emails, I was not a happy chappy - not for myself (although I was mightily offended) but mainly for the people around me that I witnessed being upset yet again. I'm not a confrontational creature by nature and so decided to skulk away while 'the heat was on'. Just call me ChickenGirl. I wrote one line to say that I would be taking a long holiday from Talkback and got the shock of my life with the reaction to it. I was not seeking attention in this matter but rather I thought I would lurk in the shadows for a while to avoid the scorching that was going on.

But, my Scarlett O'Hara day has arrived! Today is a new day in the South. I have a new Blog site, a new Talkback profile and I have fresh air in my lungs and a whole new outlook. Incredible as it seems, I could be considered an entirely different person (except I'm not) I will continue to sit in the warm glow of good and informative company and, as has been suggested, will not partake in slanging matches or contributions to threads that have dire consequences for my equilibrium.

Thank you to those of you who took the time to email me and to those amongst you who contributed to threads concerning my absence. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

(Island Girl takes a modest bow and steps back into the wings to let the real performers take the stage once again) Cheers all.
  • Welcome back, IG!
  • Glad to have you back, Island Girl.
  • i'm so glad you decided to stay, IG. things definitely wouldn't have been the same around here without you. xxx
  • Oooh, thank goodness you're back!!  We were all out searching for you....

Feel like I have a million times before, looking for my offspring in supermarket/on shopping expedition/on end of dead mobile/etc. etc.

Now, please be the great part of WN that you were! 

Bl**dy hurrah!!  You're back and I'm so pleased.

Love, TTxx
  • I’m glad you’re back IG! I’d only just noticed you were gone, or I’d have posted a ‘come back please’ comment in the other thread too. I’m not sure I understand the references to personal comments as I’ve only been nipping in and out recently due to a massive workload increase. But I do agree that posts here should be reasonably short, not ‘flaming’ and not derogatory to anyone else. It is entirely possible to disagree with someone else’s opinion without having to resort to personally insulting them. As mature adults we should all behave in a respectful manner.
  • no need for scary music, try the Hallelujah Chorus or something!
  • What happened? I read the other thread, the one that made you come back, but I hadn't noticed any offensive behaviour elsewhere. Of course I don't read ALL the threads...  Did I miss a good punch-up?
  • Anyanka - What you missed were some unfortunate remarks by a relatively new member. Nuff said!!

IG - I'm so glad you've decided to stay!!
  • Welcome back!!!
  • Da-Da!  Here she is.  Welcome back IG. 
  • Welcome back, we wouldn't be the same without you.
  • Glad that u r back IG, I missed the punch up- but felt sad that one of the regulars should quit. Even he/she should just say sorry and rejoin this very good site- writers learn a great deal from one another.
  • Thought we had lost you there for a moment.  Pleased to be proved wrong.

The majority here support each other, not kick each other when they are down.  We all have our own concept of success, for some of us getting published isn't an issue.  I know some comments made to me have helped me keep going.

I have been on the receiving end of a certain someone's aggressive comments, and they should accept that I am my own woman and know my own mind. 

Once again, to any newbies present or future trawling through this thread, this has nothing to do with you, just a handful of people who didn't want to play by our rules.
  • Excellent. Good decision. Well done.

Aegean
    ------
  • IG, I just know it was the promise of chocolate that got you back. Admit it!
  • Yay, there you are!  Glad you weren't away for long.  Here's a hug - *hug*
  • Three cheers!
  • Hip, Hip, Hurray!
  • In my fridge, Nena! Anyone who wants to save me from myself is welcome to raid it!
  • Welcome back, IG
  • There! The cocoa must have done the trick! Good to have you back, IG!
  • IG - We've got a couple of chocolate covered cherries left. Shall I post them on here?
  • Hi IG! Here's a hug for you! ( 0 )
  • hurrah! normal service is resumed.  I don't post often as I get distracted easily and will find a couple of hours missing from my day after a visit to Talkback but I pop in and read a handful of threads most days just for the 'company'.  Seeing a bit of hoo-har made me realise I take you all for granted brightening my day, you are a good bunch of people and I resolve to join in a little more rather than let others do all the hard work.  Glad you're still with us IG - keep smiling (it makes others wonder what you're up to)
  • I don't know where any of you got the idea I'm a chocoholic! You really do presume far too much, you lot. (crunch, crunch) That's a dry, flavourless dietary biscuit, I'll have you know!

Excuse me while I slip into something more comfortable, won't you? (All right, who's the wise guy who said 'a vat of chocolate'?)

Cheers all!