Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Do you have characters like these?

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Another book snippet from The Times Online. An American (who else would come out with something like this)has a book out that defines men into 5 types.
    I think she missed a few, but I'm sure the ones she has identified would make great characters.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article1624350.ece
  • A friend of mine has interesting ideas on male characters. They are Mr Mean, Mr Mummy, Mr Grump,Mr Psycho and Mr Eager.  She swears this counts for them all.
  • Nice one Sal - but I think we should include Mr Really Nice - not all blokes are wierd.
  • my ex was a mix of "man without fault" and "little boy". he was a complete perfectionist, couldn't see until the end that his refusal to commit to anything more than me staying the night in his mum's house, was destroying our relationship and my self esteem. by the time we broke up (correction, by the time he dumped me) i had been living in my own place for nearly 4 years, and he was still living with his mum. the useless waste of space still lives in his mums house now, and he's nearly 26! eugh! i definitely think i'm better off without him- i was never going to get what i wanted and needed from him, i had no security in our relationship, and most of the time i wasn't sure if he was even bothered either way.
    the sad thing was that it took 7 years of being with him, a horrible break-up, and 2 years without him to realise that i was worth more, and deserved more, than he was willing to give me. that boy opened my eyes to everything i want- and don't want- for my romantic future. 
    funnily enough, post-breakup, my writing got kick-started into action again (i'd been going through a monumental block) and the general gist of my novel, or at least the start of it, is me venting my anger and angst at my horrible ex. pain is a great motivator to writing.