Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Antony Horowitz on BBC Breakfast- insights

edited April 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• This was only a short piece, about his new book series, discussed a bit of the back ground research etc.
    But bits that came out were about his writing 'studio' which he goes into to write, and is surrounded by all the things that put him into writing mode- including a cardboard cut-out of Alex Ryder!
    And he was carrying around his neck on a cord the 1 gig memory stick with the Alex Ryder novel he's working on, on it.
    Reality!!!
  • I missed AH on this, but heard him talking to Jenny Eclair on LBC on Saturday morning - he's got a very nice voice!  She is openly envious of others' achievements, particularly if they are writers and her guests normally take this in good spirit.  I couldn't help feeling AH didn't, as there seemed to be a certain amount of tetchiness developing between them as the interview went on...I don't blame him, actually.  I find her quite amusing, but sometimes she goes a bit far and turns a shade of green you can see even across the airwaves.
  • I'm really sorry I missed seeing him being interviewed, as I spent part of Saturday evening listening to one of my grandsons reading from an Alex Ryder book - he's read most of them.  I always think the author is very clever the way he pitches the writing at just the right level for nine year olds - challenging a little with new words, yet easy to read at speed. 
  • If you have time tonight you can download the breakfast programme from today as a download or podcast to watch. AH was on in the 8.30 to 9.00 am slot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/breakfast/default.stm