Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

£1,000 toowrite.com competition

edited February 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Just thought I’d let you all know the website http://www.toowrite.com is currently running a competition offering you the chance to win £1,000.

The competition is FREE to enter.

Entries to the competition must be true stories written in the first person, and must be no longer than 1,500 words. Your submissions must not have been previously published.

The deadline for entries is Thursday, April 5, 2007. Good luck!
  • sounds good, I'll enter. Already got something in mind.
  • Thanks.  It's always good to hear about new opportunities.  I might have a shot at it.
  • I've had a look at the website and read some of the stories. A very mixed bunch! Seems anything goes as long as it's true, so some of them are a bit personal/anecdotal rather than what you'd call a good read! A bit haphazard who wins too, as you only tend to read the stories that are featured on the home page - which are the ones already in the lead and the newest ones to have been posted. Looking for, and reading, many of the hundreds of others would just be too time-consuming. I guess once you post a story you just get everyone you know to mark it 5 out of 5 and keep it in the top ten. Not really  likely that the best will actually win.