Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Hospital radio interviews.

edited February 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi folks.  I know I've mentioned this in a thread some time back but thought it worth highlighting again.  For those of you with an interesting story to tell - book published or even just what you write about - it's worth contacting hospital radio stations to see whether they'd be interested in having a chat with you.  I think you'll be surprised how many will be keen to interview you. And the interview can be done down the phone in most instances.
    I've only just started this with 'Pets in Prospect'.  And have had six so far. Last night I had a call at 7.00pm asking if I could go into my local hospital radio station (I'd been in last week for 30 min slot) to help the presenter out as the guys due to help had failed to turn up. As a result I was 'on air' between records for 1hr 30 mins just talking about writing, my life as a vet and reading out some of my magazine animal stories. OK it was a very limited audience and I probably sent most patients off to sleep by 10.00pm.  But it was a great opportunity to get some practice in speaking slowly and losing the tremor in my voice which nerves tend to bring on.  So it's worth thinking about.  And you'll  meet some very dedicated people along the way.