Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New publicity ploy?

edited January 2007 in - Reading

Comments

• For those of you looking for ways of publicising your book, have you thought of hospital radio interviews? Last night I completed my fourth with the result that two hospital radio stations now want me to do a series of readings from  'Pets in Prospect'. Risk there of making patients feel worse not better listening to Malcolm yapping on.But once those headphones are on, I'm in a different world. I found myself back as a lad in Nigeria with a cobra in the bathroom; trying to stick a needle in a rhino first weekend on duty at London Zoo; operating on an ostrich while travelling across Africa; and of course, the animal antics re swearing mynah birds, bald cockatoos and an anaconda in the fridge that form the basis of my novel.
  • I'm sure some of those will cheer patients up. Certainly relieve the boredom.
  • And I told Gaydar Radio when 'All About Sex' was published. I also gave Terry Wogan a copy when he was doing a signing of his own book. I wonder if he's recovered from the shock yet!
  • haha Jay! Terry Wogan!
  • I managed to get Terry Wogan to mention my name and 'Pets in Prospect' on 'Wake Up With Wogan' last Dec. It's been useful to use that fact in subsequent promotional material.