Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in November's magazines?

edited October 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Who's in November's magazines? I made it to Members' News this month.
  • I don't get the post until late morning, so I better get on with some work so I can settle down with them, when they do arrive.
    Congratulations Jay, all good publicity.
  • In Writers News on page 28 (WN website section), from the top ...... !

Stan, Trimbell, Megrose, Fleur, Nenanews5 (that's what it says Nenastew!), Dorothyd and Mad Doctor Dribble.

On page 29 there's an article "Disappointment over bursary cancellation". It finishes up saying all admin fees will be returned but they "declined to comment on any future projects in the writing community".
  • Jay - Just read the article on your books. Well done!
  • It was something from one of the threads, 'I dreamed last night that WM printed an article in which it showed a 'formula' for writing a poem.....Unfortunately I can't remember the formula. Drats!'
  • Mug shot and poem for winning Sea Poem competition.
  • Anna - What an original way to interpret the sea's behaviour. You deserved the first prize!
  • Anna - I'll think of your poem next time we're by the sea!!
  • We even get a sort of mention in Nairn Notes, as I definitely recall the words, the item begins 'A Recent survey' etc.
  • Congrats all you November WN stars - brilliant, shine on...
  • Congratulations to you all. Does anyone know how long these things take to get into the magazine? I mean from the time they say you've won to the time you see your work in the magazine?
  • Seems to be up to six months at the most. But with there being monthly issues of WM, that may have reduced down a bit.
    I'm sure a polite e-mail to Webbo could probably enlighten you.
  • Thanks, and well done to everyone.
  • I was listed as a shortlist in the 'First Line' comp, and another writing buddy, Geoff Nelder (whom Jay also knows) was mentioned on the front page in relation to the Hill agency.

Well done everyone who got a namecheck! One of the things I like best about Writers News is that it really is about the writers, talkbackers and subscribers, and the ptb are so good at making us feel a part of it all.
  • SallyQ - You're absolutely right. I've been getting Writers News since the early 1990s and always enjoyed reading it, but now, because it's combined with Talkback, it makes me feel part of a writing community.
  • Well done Jay and to everyone mentioned in WN/WM. I didn't know I got a mention - I must go and have a look.
  • Thanks, Stan.
  • So I did have a look!
  • And what did you find?!!
  • Has anyone noticed Troo on page 9 of WN, with her new e-zine?
  • Yes, I realised when I was having a re-read last night, but wasn't sure if it had already been accounted for.
  • Well done, Anna!  I enjoyed the poem immensely.  Also, Alison's critique.  She's an excellent tutor and innovative poet.  She particularly  endeared herself to me when she agreed that so  many modern poems in the Poetry Society's Review and in Poetry in Translation books are pretentious.  There are exceptions, of course - poets like Mario Petrucci, George Szertes and Tim Cunningham.  Tim has just had a brilliant poetry  book published by Peterloo Poets, Unequal Thirds.

• Dorothy, did the answer help you with your problem?
  • Well done, Anna! Just read your poem. Who's Mo, by the way? This is Jay!
  • The dreaded name-swopper strikes again!
  • Wow! What a bumper haul we've had for November's issues.
    WN: Stan, Trimbell, Megrose, Fleur, Nenastew5 Dorothyd and Mad Doctor Dribble's comments.
    Jay's Member's News article about his book.
    Sally Q, Helen and I were all shortlisted in the first line comp and last but not least, Anna's winning poem and photo in WM. Congrats to all.
  • Yay! i got a letter printed in this issue! my first ever time in print :-D (Helen Gyselman)