Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Danse Macabre

edited December 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• By Stephen King this book is a must for any horror film buff. Okay, I'll admit I skipped a few chapters but only because I have hardly any interest in science fiction. King's style makes the reading experience almost like a chat, be it a very long one, with a good friend. Any other King fans out there?
  • Ayuh.

Been reading King ever since Hector was a pup.

(And if you're as big a King buff as I am, you'll know what that means)
  • 'Kay, Morbid, go back and read those chapters you missed out. Yeah? You won't regret it, it's a great book, and if nothing else it helped me see through the big Wes Craven myth back when I was fifteen (if there is a worse director of horror films, I don't want to know about him). King also made me read Ulysses, by virtue of my dad thought King was just trash fiction so I read it to prove a point, then sat and laughed when my dad asked me if I had a study guide for Ulysses. He was trying to read it his'sen, you see and got stuck.

Anyway, King is probably my greatest inspiration, certainly when I was just starting out.

Re Dark Tower - what do people think of the ending?
  • I used to read Stephen King a lot, but stopped at Insomnia cos it was just too long!  However, I absolutely loved Rose Madder - anyone else a fan of that one?
  • OK, OK, I'll read more King :O)  But I thought his book "On Writing" the best.  Have given it to my daughter as she shows sharp potential.