Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Suppose to be true

edited December 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• A couple went to Dublin for a week-end break. The wife went into an ice-cream shop on O`Connell Street.The husband stayed outside taking photographs.
    Mel Gibson was seated at one of the tables and gave the lady one of his grins. She became flustered at seeing Mel Gibson. She eventually gathered herself and ordered two ice creams. Walking past Mel, he was grinning at her widely, her heart beat faster and she was almost over come.
    When she got outside she had the change in one hand and an ice cream in the other. "Where`s my ice cream," aked the husband.
    "Oh, i must have left it in the shop" she said going inside.
    She challanged the girl behind the counter saying she had asked for and paid for two ice creams.
    Mel Gibsons voice came from behind her, "I think you will find the other ice cream in your hand bag,"

Suppose to be true,,,, unless of course you know better!!!!
  • Not quite the same, but ... I was staying in a hotel in Manchester. A man with long hair held the door open until I could take it. I so nearly said, "Thanks, Midge," as I thought it was Midge Ure. I later found out Status Quo were staying there, and it must have been Francis Rossi.
  • You never know, MrD. That does sound like a bit of tall tale but then, faced with Mel Gibson and an icecream and a handbag, I wouldn't put it past me to do the same thing.  Ah, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel...