Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

invitation to be a guest speaker

edited November 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi everybody,

I have recently added a new chatroom to my personal website (http://jolinsdell.tripod.com) and every Saturday morning at 11 am (Italy time) I log in to answer questions about my books, Italy etc...feel free to drop by and check it out.

I also wanted to invite you all to apply to be a guest speaker. My aim is to organise other chats throughout the week with other authors to discuss their books and their life as a writer. This is a great opportunity to get some free publicity for yourself and your work.
    If you're interested please visit my website http://jolinsdell.tripod.com and fill out the form online. If selected you will be notified by email to arrange a date/ time etc...
    Although I will be advertising to get people involved you will also need to let people know you're taking part to ensure a good response.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jo
  • Just to let you all know, Janet Elaine Smith will be a guest speaker in December.

Author, editor, marketing expert, genealogist, mom, wife, dreamer...they are all hats Janet Elaine Smith wears. Her real passion is her writing, but she combines all the other things in the context of her novels. She writes in multi-genres, "so it doesn't get boring." Her books have been on several best-seller lists (not the NYT yet) and have garnered many awards. She hears from readers around the world daily. This time of year she delights in people reading her two Christmas books, A Christmas Dream and a Lumberjack Christmas. She is working on a new one for next year.
  • I'm very pleased to announce that Janet Elaine Smith will be joining us in the chatroom on Saturday 2nd December 2006 at 5 p.m.
    Not to be missed!

Don't miss this opportunity to get some free publicity for your books too. Apply to be a guest speaker today at http://jolinsdell.tripod.com
  • Who is she?
  • Hi Jo
    Unless I'm missing something, there's no 'form online' at your website. If there is, it's extremely well hidden ...
    James
  • The form is on the chatroom page at the bottom.

Who is Janet Elaine Smith?
    Author, editor, marketing expert, genealogist, mom, wife, dreamer...they are all hats Janet Elaine Smith wears. Her real passion is her writing, but she combines all the other things in the context of her novels. She writes in multi-genres, "so it doesn't get boring." Her books have been on several best-seller lists (not the NYT yet) and have garnered many awards. She hears from readers around the world daily. This time of year she delights in people reading her two Christmas books, A Christmas Dream and a Lumberjack Christmas. She is working on a new one for next year.

I've already had a great response and there will be lots of interesting speakers in December. Authors, editors and even a photojournalist, all of whom will be availabel to answer any questions you might have and give advice on the industry.
  • Lea Schizas will be joining us in the chatroom on Thursday 30th November at 7pm.

Come and chat with Lea Schizas, multi-published author and award-winning Editor where she'll answer questions based on writing for the middle grader readers. She'll also give away an ebook copy of her Young Adult Fantasy novel "The Rock of Realm" to one lucky winner during her chat.
  • Just a reminder about this Thursday's chat with Lea Schizas at 7pm (CET). She has lots of experience in the industry and will definitely have some great tips and advice for you.

More guest speakers confirmed:

Dec 9th at 6pm (CET), Earl Stagg will be joining us for a chat about "writing short stories that sell".

Dec 16th at 12 noon, Linda J Hutchinson will be joining us to discuss "how to be a successful writer- tips and advice".

For more information about the speakers or to view the time converter visit http://jolinsdell.tripod.com