Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Strange..

edited November 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I just got a rejection letter from an agency saying that my work is not suitable for them, fair enough, you'd think, except that I'm pretty sure my submission was titled 'Inheriting Darkness' and not, as they referred to it as, 'The Dregs and the Drain at the end of the World.', especially as this second title is not something I've ever written.
    I shall reply to them and re-send my actual work for their attention and they will realise the error of their ways and ask to see the rest of the novel...
  • Moira - Let us know the outcome. A certain degree of embarrassment on the part of the agency, I expect!
  • Perhaps someone else got the letter saying they wanted to see the rest of Inheriting Darkness, and are wondering what happened to their Dregs and Drains!
  • This is beginning to sound like a good theme for a novel!
  • Many years ago, I got the wrong manuscript back from a publisher of children's books. It really was a dreadful piece of writing. I didn't do anything about it, as I assumed that my own story had also been rejected and gone to the other author...
  • I hope you get good news Moira!
  • I know admin errors can occur quite easily but it doesn't inspire much confidence does it? 
  • I have heard of this happening before.  You should try www.rejectioncollection.com (the literary agent section).  It's full of similar stories - unfortunately.
  • On the other hand, if the work had been accepted someone could mistakenly be the recipient of a large advance while the real writer languished in disappointment (a small country to the left of Andorra!).