Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Do you have your own website?

edited August 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• The current poll asks if you have your own website. Do you? Was it easy to set up, and is it easy to maintain? How many hits do you get? How useful is it?
  • Hi Jay.
    I haven't got a website but would love to have one. Would it take all of my time to keep it running though? Would anyone be interested in it? When I am a published writer I will think again whether to have one.
  • Why not post it again here, Nena? I sort of have a website, but it's run by my publishers. I think there must be quite a few hits, as it's top of the list when I Google myself:

http://www.bewrite.net/authors/jay_mandal.htm
  • I have a website for my artwork at www.kgbaron.co.uk  It's hosted by a computer-wiz friend, but designed by myself (I have a degree in Graphic Design, but didn't do web design at college; self-taught on DreamWeaver).

It took a fair time to design the site initially, and major reorganisation of pictures also takes me a whole day, but inbetween it just runs itself quietly. A site dedicated to writing should be much easier to set up and maintain, but I'm not sure how useful or interesting they are...
  • yep :O)

Gary
  • Does anyone blog?
  • I'm looking at setting up my own website, but haven't progressed beyond that yet.
  • One in the process of being set-up, hence my difficulty in answering the poll question.  My answer would be 'Not yet, but soon', and that option isn't there :o(
  • I don't blog, but I am on a website as part of my writers' group.
  • I have a blogg just started using it as my web site but cannot work out how to put a picture on it yet. Anyone help?
  • Hi
    I use blogger.com and I have a Apple Mac computer using Firefox
  • Yes I take digital and down load them onto my Mac into iphoto so they are JPG. What I have noticed even though the blogg site said it should, in Firefox show their tools to do this I even upgraded Firefox as they suggested. Frustrating. Do email me what I can do and i'll let you know the address of my site
    Thanks.
  • Looks a great web site quite easy to get arround. just need to find £100 how much will it cost each month after the first year?
  • Hmmm. The poll asks whether we have our own websites. Shades of deja vu?
  • Now it's asking if writing can be taught!
  • I don't yet have a website, but am working on building one in publisher and then I'll upload it. However I do blog and today got my first actual comment from outside friends. I did think it would generate more comments but I suppose the fact that one person commented might mean others are reading but not commenting. I can hope.