Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Shortlisted 2

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Or should this title be 'Shortlisted too' or even, 'Shortlisted too late'?

Many congrats Helen on your success in the 'first line' short story comp but hey...guess what?...me too!!! Yippeeeeeee! only you beat me to it, Helen. Hehehehe  :D

I've only just returned to the real world and Talkback today after exciting and adventurous holiday. (I work alongside hubby who went back to office yesterday)  He said, (very late this afternoon at work) "Oh, and by the way, there's mail for you sitting on top of the filing cabinet."

"Grrr" thinks I, after I thought all catch-up filing had been done. But no, it was my WM/WN from UK so forgave him instantly. Then, this evening when peace had descended upon the household, I finally got to my mags and discovered I'd been shortlisted. Oh joy of joys. Am stoked to eyeballs. It's only the 5th short story I've ever submitted to anything and my first ever positive feedback so please forgive me if I'm shouting too loudly for you. This has now reignited my passion for writing and given me inspiration to continue. Yipppeeeee!!  
  • Hi Island Girl,

Many many congratulations!! I did notice that one of the shortlisted entries was from Australia!! Wow! It's great, isn't it? It shows that perseverance pays off!!

I hope you had a great holiday, where did you go? What great news to come back to!! When I got the magazine, I looked at the competition winning story and thought, "Oh, that's the one I entered for", then just glanced towards the shortlisted entries. I didn't expect to see my name there at all. Did you feel the same? I wasn't sure if WN emailed people to let them know they had been shortlisted so as I hadn't heard anything, I just thought it didn't get anywhere.

Congratulations again!!
  • Congratulations to both of you!
  • Congratulations! Shout as loud as you like Island Girl, shout it from the rooftops. It seems so hard to have any success in the writing world that every step forward should be celebrated.Well done!
  • Well done, Helen and Island Girl. More power to your elbows (as they say!).
  • Well done, Island Girl!
  • Well done both of you.
  • Congratulations Island Girl. The next one could be the winner. What a wonderful buzz.