Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Clitch on the site anyone?

edited October 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• I was on the site around quarter to eight, replying to a thread, pressed the final submit and the message went, but the screen just remained blank. I went out and came back in, did another thread, it happened again. Went out and back in but couldn't get past the opening page then, just got the white screen and a bit of the banding at the top of the page.
    Anyone else had a problem this evening? Was it the site or my computer?
  • Happened again when I posted this message. Anyone got any idea what's wrong- just got white screen and my toolbar?
  • I had this problem earlier, too, Carol, so it's not just you. I haven't a clue what was the matter, though. Sounds like a job for Webbo.
  • It happened again to me, too. Is it happening to everyone?
  • Glad it wasn't just me. I'll post this and see what happens!
  • No, still happening, but at least I'm still logged on. Have to keep clicking the Go at end of my tool bar to come back to the main Talkback page.
  • Yes i had the same. I mailed Webbo,probably needed a shilling for the meter.:)
  • Yes i had the same. I mailed Webbo,probably needed a shilling for the meter.:)
  • I tried last night and earlier today - this is the first time I could get on the site.

Poor Webbo - how many of us have emailed him?!!
  • After posting that message I could only access the various sections by clicking Back.
  • And then I had to click Refresh to get my message up. (Sorry if this is driving everyone nuts!)
  • And this isn't Pattie, it's Jenny. Excuse me while I log off and on again.
  • Just had a reply from Webbo, and he's had a look and thinks he's sorted the problem, but asked to let him know if it's ongoing. So here goes, I'll se what happens when I press submit.
  • Still got the blank screen after final submit, and no page.
  • I'm finding that it's still doing it, it's just all a blank... Items submit ok but it then sort of all goes...
  • I'm finding that it's still doing it, it's just all a blank... Items submit ok but it then sort of all goes...
  • Webbo told me to do the logging out and clearing the address bar and going to another site before coming back, but it is still giving me problems each time I submit something.
  • Hi, everyone, yes, I had a problem yesterday, too, I was just getting a blank screen as others have reported - shame, as I'm off this week and have a bit more time as my disposal to catch up with Talkback.  I'll try submitting this and, if it works, come back later for a proper catch-up!
  • Mmm, well my message seems to have been posted, but I got a blank screen as soon as I hit submit and have also had to log out to get back in again.  Sorry, Webbo, looks like we've still got gremlins...
  • I've just discovered how to work round it in the meantime. After the screen comes up blank after final submit, click the back arrow, then when the message reappears, click forward and you get the main page again.
  • I had the same problems too. I thought I'd been locked out :-( Glad to hear it was a general problem and not just me.
  • I had the same problems too. I thought I'd been locked out :-( Glad to hear it was a general problem and not just me.
  • Aren't we lucky that all our pearls of wisdom haven't been wiped off the board?!!
  • I'm still getting the white page and have to keep going back to get to the section menu.

Glad to see the back of the All Categories page though - and I expect Webbo is too!
  • Same here, it got me last night. It's okay now.