Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Francis Frith collection

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• www.francisfrith.com

This is a fantastic resource - photographs taken between 1860 and 1970 of hundreds of places in the UK.
  • Just seen the same info on the Ruislip website
  • What a coincidence, Crazy Horse!!!!!
  • I was having a look at some of the photos during the summer school holidays. So many choices. A useful resource I agree.
  • I sent the details to a friend who's lived abroad for over 30 years. She's emailed to say she's having a great time with it - reliving memories of where she lived as a girl and crying buckets. I can't decide whether she's enjoying the website or not, but she says she's going to tell all her friends about it!

BBC2 6.30pm Monday - Friday this week and probably next week: Britain's First Photo Album - photos taken by Victorian photographer Francis Frith.
  • edited March 2012
    Various events are being held around the country (a lot in Newport IoW, Chesterfield and Scarborough) in connection with this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/project/britain-s-first-photo-album?project[0]=39&max=9&sort[0]=start&order[0]=asc&page=1&offset=0&distance=30&sameDay=false&limit=9
  • A great site for those us writing historicals. Thank Jenny