Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Mr Birthday

edited October 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• The Mr Men are 35 years old today and to help celecbrate a Mr Birthday has been added to the group of Mr Men.  A Little Miss too but I forget her name.

Anybody else love the Mr Men?
  • Hi Dora. Yes, I think the Mister Men are super too. If they are 35, I must have been about 3 years old when they came out. I remember my little sister (8 years my junior) loving them - especially Mr Bump! As she approaches 30 herself, I think you've given me an idea for a birthday present!!
  • My kids (2 boys) love their Mr. Men books and each choose 1 to read before bed time. The old ones written by Roger Hargreaves are best. The new ones, written by his son Adam, just aren't as good.
  • My kids (2 boys) love their Mr. Men books and each choose 1 to read before bed time. The old ones written by Roger Hargreaves are best. The new ones, written by his son Adam, just aren't as good.
  • I used to read the Mr Men books when I was young, I was 2 years old then when they came out. I didn't realise they're 35 years old today. I thought they were great!
  • We went on a day trip to Calais and brought back Madame Bonheur - a case of coals to Newcastle.
  • All my boys, including my oldest- now 20- loved them when they were small, and used them to start reading. Especially liked Mr Tickle. Agree the new ones aren't as good.