Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

my article about call centres

edited October 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Just wanted to let you know that the article is online at www.nottinghamshiretimes.co.uk - the mymagz website that had my other articles has been amalgamated into this website.
    There are a few direct quotes from Talkbackers who gave views on a thread I started a couple of months ago (those I've used are just referred to by a first name or initials) as I wanted real life views that reflected what people feel about the systems used.
    It is a general overview of the subject, as I discovered if I went into it too much it would be pages long.
    Titled 'Press 1 for..'
    Thanks to everyone for your help.
  • Should add that I welcome critiscism, if it's bad tell me.
  • Criticism? Far from it, Carol. Most people will identify with what you've said 100%!
  • Congratulations Carol!
  • woohoo, Carol!!
  • Thanks folks, that helps reassure me. I do get bouts of insecurity now and again.
    I'm having a medical day today, flu vaccine, then an emergency appointment with the dentist(piece of tooth chipped off from the gum down, so I've got a nasty sharp edge that needs sorting)
    Have to start looking through my ideas notes to see what other things bug people and me.
  • Congratulations! Just read the article. Did you see the programme last week on foreign call centres (Dispatches: The Data Theft Scandal)? I missed it unfortunately.
  • Carol - Any chance you could do something you really enjoy tomorrow - just to make up for today?!!!
  • Jay, I didn't see the programme but read or heard some of the news reports about it. It's scary to think that no matter how careful you are your data can be used by crooks.
    Jenny, I shall be grabbing some reading time tomorrow- hopefully!
    Dorothy, the dentist was able to patch my tooth, but it may only last a few years. Fortunately it hadn't lost any tooth from under the gum-so no injections needed. Hurrah!!
  • Just read it - good job Carol!  Well done.
  • Had a moment of inspiration today for my next subject,women's clothes. Sizing- re wafer thin models versus normal 16+ size women, and what we get in reality.
    Just brain storming at the moment, as I'm also working on my idea to put a proposal to the Guardian's technology section.
  • Carol - Our new WEA tutor said recently that wordstorm has replaced brainstorm which is now used in connection with epilepsy. I have no idea whether it's true or not!
  • I was writing a story using the word 'convulse' as a basis, and ended up on an epilepsy website where they did mention 'brainstorm'. I hadn't previously associated it with epilepsy.
  • I can see hoe 'brainstorm' could become associated with epilepsy. It's almost describing what happens during a seizure- the electrical signals going wrong and overwhelming the brain.
    I wouldn't associate 'wordstorming' as being right either, it's more a verbal free association of ideas.
    If you can suggest a suitable word, go ahead.