Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

'A spot of bother'

edited October 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi
    I wonder if anyone has read the new Mark Haddon novel? I have just finished it and it's a real treat - very different to his first, prize winning book, but just as good. It follows the breakdown of a middle aged man, and manages to be  funny and rather shocking at the same time... Give it a go...it's great.
    Lizzie
  • I haven't read the first book, but might now and this one too. Thanks for the tip.
  • Listened to it on Radio 4's book at bedtime slot. I was disapointed with the ending.
  • I enjoyed the first one and have been meaning to buy the second.
  • Not read it yet, but I was waiting for an underground train at Bank station last friday, and there is a huge poster on the wall opposite the  platform telling the plot and character profiles for all the main characters. It did sound really interesting and very true to life - bad marriage, planned weddings, gay secrets etc. I got quite annoyed when a train pulled in and obscured the poster just as I was getting into it!