Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Short Story to Moldova

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• One of my short stories 'The Golden Shot' is to be published by the Balti State University "Alecu Russo" in Moldova (ex-Russian country) for Academic use in their English Reading Comprehension classes.  It'll be funded by the British Embassy there.  This came about as a result of the story being on display on my author page at Authors Den, an American based writers website.  It's little surprises like this that makes a writing life so rewarding.
  • Well done Writeman, you must be very proud, and justifiably so.
  • May this be the beginning of more foreign ventures - and it being a students' book into the bargain.
    That's two feathers in your cap, or do they now call it a double whammy?
  • Congrats Writeman - well done
  • A great example Writeman,

It is worth pursuing every idea/outlet. One can never know where discovery searches.
  • Well done Writeman!
  • Congrats from me.
  • Just imagine - all those Moldovan students talking about your story and wondering what you look like!

Well done!!
  • Wow, congratulations Writeman!
  • Congratulations Writeman ! I am amazed that stories can be picked up from websites!
  • Pat on the back - well done
  • Thanks for all the good wishes on this and the University stated today that they will try and get a copy of the published work to me when it's done.  Yes, it does go to show you just don't know where an opportunity will arise so all possible outlets/avenues should be explored.
  • I have now included this snippet of exciting news to my relaunched personal website on my writing.
  • Writeman, wouldn't this be an interesting item for WN in Members' News? There can't be many people who have been published in Moldova.
  • Have you asked them if they're interested in seeing any more of your work?
  • Jay, I had given the University my e-mail address to keep in contact with me should the need arises for them to use future stories of mine.  They had requested the bio of myself to use with the story and I've granted them that.  I intend to send a piece to Members News about this and a progress report on my debut novel sales after I've done the Deaf World exhibition later this month.