Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

poll question

edited September 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Hello everyone,
    For those of you who may not have noticed, I just thought I'd point out the latest poll question.
    The new question asks whether you have ever considered self-publishing your work.
    To take part in the poll, which appears in the navigation sidebar, simply select your option, enter your e-mail address, and click 'Vote now'.
    Happy Talkbacking,
    Webbo
  • If you've considered it, did you do it or not? What were your reasons?
  • Considering doing something is not at all the same as doing it... praise be.
    My answer is - yes, I have considered self-publishing, for about five minutes only. In practice, I couldn't go the distance so I shall vote No.
  • It's just that you hear so much of people not getting anywhere with the publishing houses. Writers want to get their work out there, so they decide to self publish and in some cases they get picked up by mainstream publishers. A friend of mine has recently self published, after not having any luck with any publishers. I would like to vote yes.
  • A funny thing happened after I voted 'No' on 27th September.  I had an email from AuthorHouse, and am now reconsidering self-publishing.  Meanwhile here are a few thoughts on the matter -

If you want to sit in the middle of a lily-pond listening to all the frogs croaking on their lily-pads,

then you will need a row of stepping-stones because one of the frogs may be your handsome prince.