Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

OK, this isn't exactly MY success...

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• ...but my friend, who is a Doctor of History with Portsmouth University has co-written a book which is due out in December.  She assures me it's a very dull affair about a Polish sociologist, but I shall be reading it anyway.

Details (should you be interested) :

Co-written by Dr Sophia Marshman (plus a Danish man and Sophia's PhD supervisor), it's called Bauman: Beyond Postmodernity (second volume), about Zygmunt Bauman, and is being published by Aalborg University Press, December 2006.

If you know any sociologists, I'm sure it'll make a fine Krimble pressie (and subject-matter aside, Sophia is a brilliant writer).

Remember the name, so when you see her on TV, you can say, 'I know who that is!!!' and jump up and down becoming very excited.

Don't forget - Dr Sophia Marshman.

*TP v. proud*
  • Well done TP. Do you think it will make it out my way? Good on her anyway. (and her friend, TP)
  • Island Girl, I have no idea, but I can certainly ask her next time I e-mail.  There may be a way for you to get it by mail order.