Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Books and The Times

edited August 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• What a wonderful day! Right, I advise people reading this to hold onto the seats...I managed to buy On Beauty and The Time Travellers Wife for...65p!! Yes, 65p for both!! I bolted so fast from the library, convinced they had made some mistake with the pricing. Now, for the other news, my publisher called today with news that I am going to be the feature of a two page spread in the Times! (:
  • Wow! That's great news. Please let us know which day it will appear.
  • Fantastic news! Tell us more!
  • The 25th of september I think. (: Thanks.
  • Well done MM - I must be sure to buy the Times on 25th September.
  • We'll have to have a look. Remind us all nearer the day so we don't forget it. Congratulations.
  • Well done! I'll watch out for it.
  • Don't let me forget to get The Times on the right day
  • Imagine the headline on the following day ...

"Surprising surge in sales of The Times yesterday" !!!
  • Well done, that's so great!  Do remind us nearer the time.
  • Yes, well done.
    We take the Times anyway and 25th September is a Monday - but presumably your name will not be given as Morbid Maiden?
  • I will buy a copy of The Times on the day your article appears. I don't ever buy it, so you should take that as a high compliment. Well done :)
  • The times doen't have a page 3, but I will be switching on that day... Brilliant news. Well done MM.

Congrats.... Milhouse.
  • http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7-2371216.html

is the Times Online address. Well done, MM!
  • Morning Morbid Maiden,

So today is "THE DAY" for The Times. Sales may, just possibly, reach record numbers.
  • Congratulations MM! I'll have to have a look!
  • I'll be having a look too. Congratulations.
  • Wow MM. I'm glad you're here.
  • Thanks Jay, for the link.

MM, you've clearly been through a tough time.  A friend of mine at university was anorexic, and even though I lived with her for a time, she managed to hide it by eating lots of pasta (no weight gain), and used to unhook the phone while she was eating. Unfortunately, I didn't recognise the signs, as she was slim anyway, though luckily she got help.  She's still very ill, however.  I'm just glad that when we're back in the UK, I can see more of her, because she's moved to my home area.

She's a lovely person, and I do worry about her constantly.
  • As said thanks Jay.
    I found the interview very interesting, and I'll now know what to pick up on if it ever occurs in my family. There were things there that I recognise in one of my children, so I can monitor the situation.
    Thanks MM for you and your family giving this insight.
  • I'm off to the newsagent now