Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

On target for 2000

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just had the latest royalty statement, and it looks as if I'm on target for 2,000 books sold by Christmas. Whoopee!
  • Good one Jay. See... He Who dares Wins.

Are you eeking a living from it yet?
  • Where I come from they used to say 'Good on yer, mate!'
  • Eek being the operative word. A mouse probably could survive! Personally, I like a roof over my head, and luxuries such as central heating and three meals a day.
  • Well done Jay!
  • Well done Jay. Have you registered your books for PLR's yet?
  • Yes, I've already had a payment. But I'll have to remember to tell them about the new one.
  • Nice on Jay, well done.
  • Well done Jay!
  • Who's the clever boy, then? Good on yer, mate. Hehehehe  :)
  • Congratulations Jay!
  • That's great news Jay, you must be delighted!
  • Well done, Jay. How much personal effort have you had to make to get this many sales? Is it possible to tell?
  • Hi, Flick. Here's something I jotted down for another website:
    Doing well on Amazon UK and .com leads to even more sales – some good reviews on Amazon – a good review by the Independent Gay Writer (it came out of the blue – the reviewer had seen my book on Amazon) – online pieces for the Independent Gay Writer, Wild Child, BeWrite and various others – review by Gay Times (national magazine) – being mentioned on two occasions in The Sunday Express (national newspaper) – writing magazines (there are two in the UK, and I write to them and check for useful sites etc) – contacting other writers whose books I’ve read (I’m now on Michael Perronne’s website) – being mentioned on the Big Gay Read’s website, and finding reading groups there (Reading (the place, not the activity) have chosen The Dandelion Clock for their April book of the month) – sending out books (preferably electronic versions) for review – sending out short stories to celebrities for their comments e.g. Sir Ian McKellen, Graham Norton, Hanif Kureishi - getting mentioned on The Gay Read’s website – contacting libraries such as Brighton to get my books into their stock &/or on the reading groups’ list – links to other sites – a friendly publisher.