Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Independent Authors United!

edited July 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Following up on an earlier thread here on Talkback where I suggested that UK independent authors should club together to give each other support, Gary and Carol (regular contributors on Talkback, which is where i first 'met' them)  have taken some great steps down this road with their web site http://www.independentauthors.co.uk

They are starting to build quite a 'family' of self publishers and have some great ideas for the future so if you are, or intend to be, an independent author, why not come and join us all over at http://www.independentauthors.co.uk

I only joined in the fun a few weeks ago and I have already picked up some great ideas from other authors and subsequently increased my sales as a direct result. The more of us there the better and it supplements Talkback chat nicely.

See you over there

Taffybach
  • Just a follow up on this thread.
    I have been a memeber over at www.independentauthors.co.uk for a number of months now and the author community is growing over there.
    If you are a self published author, or planning to become one, then I highly recommend signing up over there as there is a growing knowledge base of information and fellow authors that are all only too willing to share expereinces and help with ANY aspect of self publishing. This applies to those that are 100% self published or those who use a Print on Demand route to publication.
    Carol and Gary who run the site make no charge for joining and they even provide a monthly magazine, also free of charge, which is 'built' by contributions from members and which provide a host of tips, ideas and experiences as well as some valuable help and advice on the IT side of things (such as word procesing, online service, web page generation and maintenace etc;).
    All general communication is via the forum so their is no SPAM and you are in control of how involved you want to be.
    So come on over and join the throng - I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the freindliness and comradeship of fellow SPIA (self published independent authors)

...Why have I taken time to post a 'plug' here?
    As a new SPIA I have already learned from the experience of others and been in a position to help out my fellow SPIAs with some experiences of my own and some IT advice regarding web technology. THis has already led to additional sales, saved me money from scams and allowd me to improve my web site.

What's in it for me?
    Nothing more than the benefit of sharing ideas withand gaining experiences from other SPIAs to help me through the pitfalls of the self publishing mindfields  :-)
  • Just to clarify for the many new members of the forum, Gary's Carol and I are two different people. For those who already know- ignore me.
  • Didnt even see this here :O| thx and spanx TAffy

And Carol (the above one) is not my Carol :O) :O)

Gary (and Carol ;O) )