Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A Revelation.

edited September 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've never posted in the successes before, because I've never had one. AAAAhhhhh (I can hear it now).

But something has just occurred to me. I used to write something, put it away for a while, get it out, read it and think - Oh.... sounds like it's been written by a dyslexic termite on tranquilisers.

Now I re-read stuff and I can't actually believe that I have written it. It all sounds right. It's been a slog getting here, but hey, maybe I have already achieved what I wanted to achieve?

Milhouse.
  • Congrats Milhouse! A dyslexic termite on tranquilisers? I'm having a giggle at the thought of that.
  • I'm pretty sure our postman's dyslexic.
  • That made me laugh, as well!

Well done Milhouse.  It's a great feeling, isn't it, when you read something you've written and think, 'Hey, did I write that?  That's fab!'  Sometimes the words just come - but after a LOT of practice!  I've been writing seriously for years, and only in the last couple of years have I been truly happy with my style.  Suppose I must have found my voice. 

Good luck to you, Milhouse, dude, it's an amazing feeling.
  • Of course you've achieved - you've taken the quality of your writing to a higher level - well done.
  • Congratulations, the next level has been attained.
  • Good for you Milhouse.  We've all been there, looking back at previous work and wondering how we ever came up with that pile of dung.  I know I have.  But, writing is about building on experience so I'm sure we all still have a lot of learning to do.
  • It sounds like you're getting there Milhouse. Now,just keep going. Success could be lurking round the next corner. Best of luck. We're all here to cheer you on.