Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Free place at Swanwick

edited August 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Jill and Rosemary have encouraged me to share the news that I was the lucky winner of the poetry competition to win a free place at Swanwick this year. I have just had one of the best weeks of my life and would encourage any of you who haven't been to Swanwick yet to give it a go.
  • Well done! Hey - not lucky - talented!!!!!!
  • Thanks, Flick. The win has certainly given me more confidence and I'm raring to go after the week I've just had.  Swanwick breeds inspiration (as well as perspiration!)
  • Well done!
  • Thanks very much  I'm still reeling from winning in the first place and from the great week I've just had at Swanwick.
  • I read in WM that the winning pieces, for all 3 comps were to be published on this website - does anyone know where, or do we have to wait a while yet?  Congratulations on your win!  I entered the children's writing comp, sadly did not win...
  • Belated well done :)
  • Did not win the Children's section, but did get second (and a cheque for £100), and a pleasant day there: I stayed the night and went to a couple of talks.As my story had also been placed second last year at Winchester, it has given me the oomph to finish that thriller book for the 12+. Brian.
  • Well done.  (Wondered about your name, but having looked up your profile I now understand!)
  • Congratulations!
  • Belated congratulations.
  • Toothlight/aka Brian:  Congratulations on your success.  I remember what you said at the award ceremony and have wondered ever since why you didn't appear at the photo call for winners and runners up on the Monday. Now I know that you were only at Swanwick for a short time, that mystery is solved. I hope you get your well deserved share of the glory in Writers' News when the feature comes out.
  • Well done to all on your success.