Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I've been published!

edited November 2005 in - Writing Tales

Comments

•    I received great news in the mail today, two of my poems have been published! My first time! I'm still stunned. I keep looking at it, it doesn't feel real.
  • Wonderful news - enjoy the thrill.
  • Fantastic news Kangaroo.  Well done.
  • That's it Kangaroo,

Your at the top of a bounce, get more written and submitted before impetus brings you back to earth.
  • Very well done, Kangaroo. Two at once. Brilliant. I hope they are the first of many, many more.
  • Well done. You must feel so proud.
  • Yey! Congratulations. Now write some more!
  • Congratulations!  Good on you!
    I hope you will have more success in the future!
    Alana
  • Hey, that's great news.
    Very well done.
  • Well done!  I'm so pleased for you!  I hope you're going to do something to celebrate?  What about buying a big file to keep your published work in?  It'll have to be big, because this is only the start of your success...
  •   Thankyou! I've been thinking about getting a book/folder of some sort to record/display my work. I do have a sheet set up in Excel, where I keep track of things I've sent out to which publication. I actually got the idea from an issue of WM. Invaluable. I couldn't stop thinking about it at work today. I just need to keep writing. 
  • Kangaroo, glad to hear that you are hopping with joy. Why not frame the published poems to encourage you on days when the writing is not going so well?
  • Thanks Stan, that's a good idea.
  • That's wonderful!!!!!!!! Keep writing and keep sending!
  • Thankyou Summernight, I haven't heard from you in awhile, how's your writing coming along? I promise to keep writing.
  • hi kangaroo!!!!!! My writing is moving slowly, but is moving even if I am not sure where is going... Anyway,my latest effort has been a poem for a colleague who is leaving work to go to a world tour(lucky her);it's hardly classics, but it's fun and I hope it will remind her of us poor souls left behind, when she's roaming around the globe!
  • Congrats, well done. Keep it up. I am really thrilled for you. Poetry is not my line of course as it is getting the metre right,probably boils down to my maths, never my strong point either but don't let that discourage you. Byeee
    Woll52
  • This was the penultimate message on page 75.
    Thought I'd just bring it forward for the world to view again.

Boing Boing Kangeroo!
  • That was a lovely idea, Dora.
  • Kangaroo - just thought I'd share this bit of info with you.  Had an e-mail from my grandson who is backpacking in Australia - he says he and his mate have got some work as TV extras in a programme about a town called Broome.  They are tickled pink. 
  • Congratulations Kanga.  I see you are in Australia so you might like to submit some of your poetry to Famous Reporter, PO Box 368, North Hobart, Tasmania 7002.  They publish twice a year - poems, haiku, essays, comment and miscellany.  It is not exclusively Australian.  The last issue featured writers from several overseas countries.  If submitting enclose a SSAE and a short bio (just in case!)
  • Thanks for that Jaycee, and everyone else!
  • Thanks for that Jaycee, and everyone else!
  • Great news.  Well done.
  • Fantastic news! I know how you feel about being stunned. You wait for so long then when it happens you think 'no way, this has to be some sort of wonderful dream'.
  • Well done :O) thats great news :O)

Gary.
  • It is a real thrill, seeing your writing in print, well done.
    I've only got articles in newspapers so far but will keep hitting the keys (with renewed enthusiasm after Swanwick) - must just find the confidence to see rejection as a spur...