Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Which character would you like to be?

edited June 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Which character would you like to be/have been, and why? Which character do you think you are most like now? Do you think you have been someone in another life?
  • I know what you mean Dorothy. I've always loved history, and enjoy visiting historic houses, but whenever I walk up or down  elegant staircases, whatever the age or material I get the weird feeling I've done this before, and my hands instinctively lift the sides or front of my skirt to keep them clear of my feet. Only thing is, my skirts are mid-calf not floor length. It has happened like that since I was in my twenties.
    It would take me a long time to choose who I'd like to have been, and why. So I'll have to think.
  • I'd be that God fella. I hear he does a bonzer world-building exercise ;)
  • Garfield ... love that cat ... might need to go on a diet though ... he looks like an advertisement for the British Heart Foundation ...
  • After I read "The Crimson Petal and the White" by Michel Faber I desperately wanted to be a prostitute in London during the 19th century....
    just like Sugar in the book.
    Silly huh?!
  • Yeah, possibly not the best choice ;)
  • Probably either Sarah in 'Labyrinth', or Beatrix Kiddo in 'Kill Bill'.

I don't doubt I've been reincarnated several times - my fascinations with Queen Victoria, Scotland and China, and my deep fear of drowning (not water, but drowning, specifically) must stem from somewhere.
  • Tintin. Because he was able to travel to different countries (I'm a travel nut) In one of my past lives I was a man, an explorer. I'd like to know where he/I? went.
  • I think I'm like Melanie in Gone With The Wind, though I'd much rather be Scarlett O'Hara.
  • Alan Grant or Ellie Sattler (or any other character that doesn't get eaten in Jurassic Park) - I'd love to see a real dinosaur!