Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Transparent Imprint

edited June 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Have any of you read the book Transparent Imprint about the setting-up of Macmillan New Writing, by Michael Barnard?
    I am only half-way through it but as far as I can see, their New Writing scheme is the only sane way forward for the publishing industry today.
    This is not flattery because I have nothing to gain from Macmillan; so far they have returned The Blue Tulip and Don't mess with the Genes.

Any comments on MNW?
    Patty
  • Haven't read the book but I hadn't heard of the MNW scheme. I googled a bit and there seemed to be some differences of opinion as to its value. But I also had a look at the books from the scheme on Amazon and some seemed very interesting and worth reading, if expensive. Then it occured to me that the reveiws could have been written by the authors friends and relatives. I am such a cynic.
  • Hello Flick,
    Thank you for you comment.
    I don't have to like MNW's method of publishing but I do prefer it to the insanity of what is happening in London at the moment.  Is it the same in the States?
    Regards, Patty
  • I've never submitted material from my US address. I think the competition there is fiercer but it does depend on what you're writing. Do you have any thoughts on multiple submissions? I know they say don't but I am so fed up of sending and waiting and sending and waiting. What could it hurt to send out thirty at one go?