Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

When to submit?

edited June 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I have 3 Halloween features avalable plus 3 Festive features and wondered if other writers could inform me as to the best time to submit to magazines. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you would like to help a fellow author please link on to http://bestglobalmusic.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=200  which tells of a young boys involvement in his village cricket team.
    This publisher is interested in new writers with an aim of publication and can be reached on Email
    [email protected].
  • Depending on what type of publication it's being submitted to, minimum three months before, but ideally do it now and highlight the time it's been aimed at e.g. Hallowean.
  • whenever you send them, good luck :o)

Gary.
  • That's very useful to know Dorothy. Certainly for the normal women's weeklies we've had writers advice the three months minimum, but have said send it earlier if it's done. So it's good to know about otther types.
  • You should be sending out stuff with a winter/Christmas theme around now.  I read somewhere that the summer is a good time to submit stuff as less people send things out in the summer as the successful rich authors are too busy going on holiday.  As Dorothy says, think six months in advance for stories with a seasonal theme.