Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Book launch confirmed

edited June 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi all, you probably all know that my non-fiction book on witchcraft has been taken on and due for release in the autumn, well I have  made shed loads of calls and got interest from a BBC local media, local paper wanting to do a feature interview for hte release and now the biggie ta da!
    Waterstones will be hosting a book launch for the book at Halloween, hurrah!
  • Wow!  Congratulations!
  • Well done!
  • Glad all the hard work on publicity has gone so well.
  • Way to go Moira. Good luck... Don't suppose you're agent takes recomendations? (wink).

Milhouse.
  • I am so pleased for you, Moira. The book must be magical. I bet it'll have 'em all spellbound!
  • Great news, Moira - revel in the glory for as long as possible!
  • Well done :O)

They give you a nice fat advance as well I hope :O)

Gary and Carol :O)
  • Congrats Moira!
  • Fantastic news, Moira
  • Magic!  Well Done!  All the best for the launch.
  • I don't have an agent, Millhouse, wish I did (lots of them rejected me with the proposal for this book) and there was no advance whatsoever Gary, not a penny, just a 10% royalty as and when copies start selling which means I probably won't get a penny until the royalty cheque (wow!) next spring. I only get two complimentary copies of the book too, which I gather is not very good, on the other hand the publishers are really nice people, brilliant, and when I said what will the cover be like they asked me what I wanted (I've always been told publishers dictate things to authors, not the other way round!)

You know, it wasn't that hard work to get the publicity, I just made a few phone calls and asked to speak to the right department or person. The book isn't out until the autumn sometime so nothing is going out until probably September at the earliest.

I've just finished the synopsis for my new novel and I'm almost ready to send it off in the hope that as I have a contract for this one, they might be persuaded to take me on... Hope  so, I think having an agent would be fantastic. But like I said, I had a LOT of rejections from publishers and agents for this and my previous novel, so fingers crossed.
  • We believe a good sign of a decent publisher is if they let you decide things reagrding covers and not dictate :O) :O)

You should sell loads on the day, so talk less and sign more!!!!!! and then you should make all those royalty pennies into ££££££££'s

You've done the work that an agent would do anyway, so pat yourself on your back :o) and we'd love to list and link it to our site if you'd like :O) then we can brag that we're in with the mainstreamers ;O)

Good luck and we're sure it will lead to total success of that we're certain, its always the same stary, you take and go through all the crap and take it head on and then the ridicule and feelings of why bother...... but its the ones who persist that always come up trumps! :O) and you have, so well done :O)

Gary and Carol :O)
  • Joyful celebration Moira,

Your efforts prove the worth of persistence and well done for completing another composition.

Now you have set a rhythm for continual production, it should attract agent interest. Here's hoping for positive reactions and more demand than you can cope with.

Blessed be.
  • Congratulations Moira!
  • Congratulations Moira - that's fab!
  • Aw, thanks so much everyone, I would love to do a reciprocal link with you Gary when I manage to get a professional website done, I'll let you know.
    One of the great benefits of talkback is all the good wishes of everyone here, thanks again, I hope you all have oodles of luck too.
  • Many congratulations Moira! Sorry, I have only just seen your message. I am really pleased for you!!! :)Are you using your real name for your book? 
  • Fab news Moira, well done.
  • Congrats Moira!
  • Great news Moira! Congratulations!