Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Successful day again.

edited May 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Attended a bookfair today and sold a good few copies of our books.

This is the best part for me though, I took some of our very own talkbacker Anne's book 'The Monster Under The Bed' and sold all but one for her :O)

:O)

Gary and Carol :O)
  • Glad it was a successful day for you all.
  • Thanks Carol :O)

Gary and Carol ( my Carol of course ;O) )
  • Thanks Kate :O)

Gay and Carol
  • Well done!
  • Many thanks Kangaroo :O)

• I'd like to thank Gary and Carol for selling my books for me at the bookfair, as well as adding my book to their web site - much appreciated!
  • Thats ok Anne, we're happy to help :O)

It was handy having an alternative if a child was a bit to young to read our books :O)

Heres to selling more for you :O)

• Fab! Good for you, guys! :)
  • Thanks Troo :O)

• We aim to please ;O)

Thanks Amb :O)

Gary.
  • You are doing so well, it must be excellent to have sold so many copies. Didn't you self-publish? Well done.
  • Hi soon to be JK Rowling successor ;O) in september :O)

Yes we self publish and I thought I'd help others sell their books and have even started to list them on my website, I think if people support each other and spread the word then it might help more self publishers get sales or exposure and more confidence to overcome barriers out there.

Our plans to open a shop later in the year may be happening in a few weeks instead, I want to promote as many self publishers as I can.

If all goes well with this potential shop(we're waiting for the terms for this shop) then I can start stocking quicker :O)

The best bit is we only used the profits from the sales of Carols book to fund this :O)

Gary and Carol
  • Pleased you had a successlful day Gary :0)
  • Well done on the book sales and upcoming store.  Like the look of your website too!
  • Thanks Sweatpea and Bazzah for the wishes and comments :O)

More great news, we've just got another talkbackers book yesterday: Kateyanne's 'Scarab Eyes' and its already sold!!!! so well done, here's to more at the weekend for her fingers crossed, we love the scarab necklaces that come with the book Katy ;O)