Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Little acorns

edited June 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Just a quick one to say I've had an item/article published in the June newsletter of the National Association of Writers' Groups - I'm not in a Writers' Group, but am an associate member of NAWG.  If anyone gets the newsletter, can they spot which is my piece??? (the content will probably give me away)

I don't know about everyone else, but I take encouragement in whatever form it's thrown at me.  I emailed a colleague recently, in which I included a light-hearted review of the rubbish day I'd had - she emailed back 'Have you ever thought of writing a book?'  I don't care if she knows nothing about novels or whether I have a good writing technique - it made my day.

Yesterday another colleague said I exaggerated more than she did in her story-telling and that 'You can tell she's an author'.  I'm not sure exaggerating is a good attribute, but, again, my heart beat that little bit faster to hear someone call me an 'author'.  It made it sound as if I'd already been published and was famous!
  • Well done Hippo :O)

Gary and Carol :o)
  • A nice little strong seedling there, Hippo. As with all plant life, it needs nurturing[weeds excepted of course] so keep going.
  • We all have our watering cans poised
  • Good for you, Hippo! I tried to persuade my writing group to join NAWG - if they'd agreed, I'd have been able to look for your article!
  • Congratulations Hippo!
  • Well Done, Hippo. Hip Hippo-ray!!!