Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

sending off today

edited August 2005 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi everyone,
    Today is (I hope) the most important day of my life.
    I am sending out a completed manuscript for my non-fiction book to a publisher who (this is the bit I like best) REQUESTED it after seeing sample chapters of my work. It can only be a matter of time before they say how much they like it and I finally see my name on the cover of a book.
    Hooray! Wish me luck,
    Moira.
  • Hi Moira,

Just to say "Good Luck" with your manuscript!! How exciting!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Helen
  • Thank you both,
    I shall stave off the pacing for a few weeks as I have an article to finish asap and hope to start writing a teen-fantasy novel soon after that. Not to mention the scores of unfinished stories that lie in wait on my computer.
    I shall keep you all informed.
    Moira.
  • Hi Moira,

You must be so excited!  Good luck - I have my fingers crossed for you!  (I think the advice about started something else is good too).  Jacey
  • Hi Moira
    Fingers crossed for you here too
    Good luck!
    Sweetpea
  • Best wishes Moira.  By the way, I've sat on my hands so there's no chance you can chew my fingernails (just what was dorothy/d on about?).  Saying that, my toenails are in a jar by the door if you're interested.
  • Thanks for your good wishes everyone,
    Dora, it's not even remotely tempting, your toenails are more than safe I assure you! Nice of you to offer though.
    I will let you know what happens when I hear anything. Likely to be a few months I expect.
  • Congratulations Moira! Well done!
  • Well done - good luck - we all have our fingers crossed for you and await good news.
  • Hi Moira, Good luck from here too.  Have you mentioned what your book is about?  Love to know.
    Fieldmouse
  • I wish you all the luck in the world, Moira.  I'd like to hear about your subject, too, if you have time.  Ciao from Rita
  • thanks for all your good luck messages,
    I rang at the beginning of last week to confirm they got the ms and they had. However, they hadn't had a chance to look at it yet due to school/family holidays etc. (They are a family-run publisher, though quite prestigious imo). So I'm waiting...
    By the way, it's a non-fiction book on Wicca.
  • A huge WELL DONE Moira! Do you realise just how difficult it is nowadays to get a publisher to even look at your work, let alone request it! So even if they decide against it (which I'm sure they won't) you can happily know that you've made it. You obviously worked hard on your synopsis and sample chapters in order for the publisher to request it without going through an agent. So WELL DONE again! And I'm keeping everything crossed for you! Debs
  • You should be very proud of yourself - Congrats.
  • Well done! But let's hope the most important day of your life is when you open a letter saying they've accepted it! Or, possibly, when you hold the printed book in your hands.
  • Well done, Moira! You must be just itching to get some news. Hold on in there, sooner or later you'll get a call or a letter....
  • Hi all, thanks for the good wishes, this book has been taken on, in March actually, so this thread is kind of old now, if you want to know the rest, read my thread in the success forum.
    Thank you.