Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writers News Rucksack

2»

Comments

• Stan2 - Have you tried emailing Webbo about your Aromachair? (You don't think he's taken it to Hawaii with him, do you?!!!)
  • Oh Alien - I'm proud of you - that book is by my bedside - love it to bits
  • Jenny, I only sent my order on 18 May. The advert says to allow 30 days.
  • still waiting
  • How's your maths, Stan2?!!
  • Awful - really awful. But I know that 2 plus 2 makes five.
  • That's OK then. That means your Aromachair will arrive yesterday.
  • Still waiting. I can spell too. K-A-T spells Kat. Is that OK?
  • If it's short for Katherine, it's fine. 10/10 for effort, Stan2! And a gold star.
  • Oh, thank you so much.
  • Still waiting
  • Alien - I've just peeped at your profile.  You are only a few miles away from me - I'm in Codsall
  • Still waiting.
  • I'm sure the aromachair will be worth the wait Stan. Personally I'm already planning my trips out with my trusty (yet to arrive- and eagerly awaited)rucksack. Sad eh?
  • Perhaps everyone who has ordered one of these items should get together at a sort of Writers Jamboree. Stan2 can bring the sandwiches.
  • What would you like in the sandwiches?
  • Oh dear - we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for Stan's aromachair.  I can just see Stan scurrying to the letterbox each morning, or even rushing to the garden gate to watch postie come down the road.  Then his little lip quivers when it hasn't arrived.  Poor Stan.  Aaaaah.  We feel for you.  Let us know the good news as soon as it happens.  I'm sending a hug to keep you going.
  • Stan2 - are you going to send out New Arrival cards when your Aromachair arrives? We'd like to know whether it's a boy or girl!
  • Yippe! Returned from a few days in Sussex to discover that my neighbour (awfully nice chap) had found a parcel on the doorstep and took it to his house for safe keeping. Inside, an aromachair and a normal bookchair. It's hard to define the smell but it's lovely. I'm now awaiting WN/WM magazine binders. Anyone like ham sandwiches (is that the correct plural?). The kettle is on and the cups ready - how many do I need?
  • A couple of thousand should do, Stan2.

Don't sniff your aromachair too deeply - it might have a funny effect on you!
  • Especially if it's one of the relaxing aromas. We don't want you dropping to sleep.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Comment by Stan's Dog. 'The old gezzer is sleeping and snoring. The snoring sometimes drives poor Maureen bonkers in the night. Do you know any cures?'. 
  • For snoring or for Maureen being bonkers?

Maureen - we haven't been introduced, but hallo anyway!!!
  • Happy parcel day Stan - now we can all relax.  I have a snory hubby.  He gets a quick shove to make him turnover when he's driving me mad and I also sleep with my radio headphones on.  The drivel on the radio is slightly better than his snoring.  Mind you, there have been moments when I could happily have.... let's not go there
  • Not go where?
  • To where I could happily have done something drastic to stop hubby snoring - one can feel quite murderous in the wee small hours when deprived of sleep
  • I know someone who had to spend a night in a centre for snorers where they measure the decibels and video the sleeper to establish patterns etc. I think he was close to their all time noise record. One thing I remember they recommended he do was to wear a kind of belt which strapped a tennis ball to the small of his back in bed. It meant he had to sleep on his side.
  • "He said it was called a *Bedside Noise Generator*, but I said no, thank you, I already had one - it was called a *Husband*"

Hehehehehe!!!

My sympathies!