Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

E-books: have you bought any?

edited May 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Has anyone bought an e(lectronic) book i.e. one you read on your computer or print off? What made you decide to buy this version rather than a paperback? What did you think of it? If you've never bought one, what puts you off?
  • I never have bought any, and probably never will.  Unless one of my favourite writers published a book exclusively as an e-book, and even then I would have reservations about it.

I have always been a bookworm.  I adore books.  I devour books.  Part of the beauty of books is the handling of them, the smell of the pages and the buying of books in a 'real' shop.  An e-book will never hold the same romantic ideals for me, and I am very much a romantic where books are concerned.
  • never have, never will.
  • Not my scene either.  I like a real book that I can take anywhere.
  • No, I'll stick to the real ones too.
  • I have a feeling that some people are buying the e-book, which is only £1 (or $ equivalent), to have a look at before buying the paperback from Amazon.com.